IntroductionLaw is one of the most apparent pillars of a cultured and civilized society. Therefore, apart from abiding the law, to understand law is a must. This is why Bina Nusantara University chooses to open a program in law. Business Law is selected as the main study for the program. It is expected that the program would create graduates that are technically competent in practicing principles of Business Law in its utmost integrity. Integrity in education is one of the highest value. Catalog 2013 (PDF), Catalog 2014 (PDF), Catalog 2015 (PDF), Catalog 2016 (PDF), Catalog 2017 (PDF)
VisionBy 2020, Business Law Program, Bina Nusantara University becomes a leading business law study program (center) with global competencies based on information and communication technology.
MissionThe mission of Business Law Department is to contribute to the global community through the provision of world-class education by:
- Educating students with fundamental knowledge, skill, and professionalism in the areas of business law based on ICT by providing them with excellent courses and internships in dealing with global challenges.
- Contributing in enhancing both legal theories as well as legal practices, especially in the research areas of business law based on ICT.
- Providing legal professional services to meet the needs of business communities benefitting the “Nusantara” society-at-large.
- Creating outstanding potential leaders by taking advantage of any opportunities to broaden their perspectives in applying the legal theories and practices.
- Taking a part in the efforts to improve the quality of life of Indonesians through international collaborative partnership with various institutions.
Program ObjectiveThe objectives of the program are:
- To provide students which solid foundation of law knowledge from fundamental principles to applied skills and abilities they will need in law and information technology practice.
- To prepare students with necessary skills and knowledge to be successful in law industries carrier.
- To prepare students with strong foundation on law and ethics they will need in business area.
Student OutcomesAfter completing the study, graduates are:
- Able to organize a real business case into a structure of legal problem in the framework of Indonesian legal sources related to the ICT-based business areas in order to solve the problem facing both national and multinational business-law communities.
- Able to develop dispute resolution patterns in term of business dispute that conforms to the perspectives of national and multinational business-law.
- Competence in relevant legal reasoning skills by exploring various law-making methods as known in the discourse of legal discipline and then offering legal solutions in a comprehensive way by showing strengths and weaknesses of the respective alternatives of solution.
- Able to argue both in the format of verbal legal debate and written elementary legal-document, completed with contextual data/information that can be collected in at least two semesters of internship program.
- Able to take to optimally use information technology to improve student’s performance.
- Able to analyze the current issues in business law.
Prospective Career of the GraduatesStudy Program Business Law at the undergraduate level (S1) basically provides many practical sciences that can be applied directly in the working world, for the choice of profession in study program include: litigation lawyers, in-house lawyers, IPR consultant, consultant in capital market, curator mediators, judges, prosecutors, or public notaries.
Course Structure for Binusian 2021
|Track||Semester 6||Semester 7|
Prerequisite for Binusian 2021There is no prerequisite for this program.
Quality Controlled Courses for Binusian 2021Student should pass all of these quality controlled examinations as listed below:
|No||Code||Course Name||Minimum Grade|
|1||CHAR6013||Character Building: Pancasila||B|
|3||LAWS6080||Introduction to Jurisprudence*||C|
|4||LAWS6081||Introduction to Indonesian Legal System||C|
|5||LAWS6088||Principles of Business Law||C|
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
Last updated :